Sunday, July 12, 2009

Scared



All week my dad had been having an uneasy feeling in his chest. On Thursday he accidentally stepped on a sewing needle, and Friday morning he went to the clinic to make sure it was properly removed from his foot. At the clinic, he told the nurse he wasn't feeling good at all and she sent him to the hospital. Turns out my dad had a heart attack. He was admitted and spent the night. Today, Saturday, my mom and I went to visit him. Alone in the hospital chair, reading his book, I had never been happier to see my dad. My mom had to leave early so it was just me and him, talking, trying to digest the week's events. I was holding back so many tears when I had to say goodbye to him this evening- I wanted to stay strong and brave for my dad, but I'm not and I'm scared. He will be in the Hospital until Tuesday and I plan to be there as much as I can everyday. I hope with all my heart that


No comments: