Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dear Chocolate

Dear Chocolate,

Our love affair has escalated to a level of excess, and frankly, it's just not healthy anymore. It's time that we take a break from each other. I'm not ready to break up with you all together, but I feel that a week apart would do us both some good.  



I crave your taste and the comfort you provide. The assortment of chocolates taunting me in the vending machine at work, the chocolate chip cookies in Benjamin's pantry, the decadent double chocolate brownies that dad made, Ben & Jerry's peanut butter & chocolate ice cream, and my favourite, Nutella smeared on tea biscuits... I will ignore all of it.  



Frankly, my love for you has turned into an obsession and it's just not healthy. As much as I like sneaking around with you late at night when everyone else sleeps, I need some time apart to find my healthy self again. My “chocolate fix” will just have to wait for at least 1 week, 7 days, 168 hours... This is going to be hard for me too chocolate. Love,

Ings xoxo



1 comment:

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

Stay strong ings... stay strong.