Friday, March 12, 2010

I Cry

Those who know me well, know I cry a lot. I cried when I was unemployed and now I cry when I don't want to go to work. I cry when I miss the bus, when I'm sick, if I can't go to my gym class, when I get a bad haircut. I cry when a movie is sad, or when someone I love is sad. I cried when mom went to Africa, and when Sybil went to Guatemala. I cried the day bunny died and everyday when papa was in the hospital. Sometimes I'll tear up at the sight of a stranger eating at a fast food restaurant because I imagine the sadness of eating alone for a lifetime. Last night I finished Just Kids, Patti Smith's story of her and her long time friend Robert Mapplethorpe. In the '80s he was diagnosed with AIDS and when he said: "Patti I'm dying. It's so painful", I couldn't help but cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart and don't be so hard on yourself.